NU Syllabus 2022 – Honours 1st Year Home Economics Subject Syllabus PDF Download. NU Syllabus 2022 – Honours 1st Year PDF Download All Subjects. NU Syllabus – National University of Bangladesh all subject honours 1st year. National University Bangladesh all course and subject list name. Nu honours syllabus 2022 published by national University from 2013-14 effective session.
First Year Syllabus, Department of Home Economics, Four Year B.Sc. Honours Course, Effective from the Session: 2013-2014. Syllabus for Four Year B. A/B.Sc. Honours Course, Subject: Home Economics, Year wise Papers and marks distribution.
|Paper Code||Paper Title||Marks||Credits|
|213501||Philosophy and Purpose of Home Management||75||3|
|213503||Maternal – Child Health and Early childhood Education||75||3|
|213505||Applied Art and Textile||75||3|
|213506||Home Economics Practical||75||3|
|213507||Introduction to Human Physiology
|211501||History of the Emergence of Independent Bangladesh||100||4|
|Paper Code||213501||Marks: 75||Credits: 3||Class Hours: 45|
|Paper Title:||Philosophy & Purposes of Home Management|
- Philosophy of Home Management:
- a) Philosophy of Management, Meaning of home management,
Misconception in Home management, Principles of Management.
- b) Purpose &use of the study of Home Management (in house hold
and as a Paper of study)
- c) Family function and Home Management.
- d) Family organization and Home Management.
- e) Family environment and Home Management.
- Concepts of Home management and their Application:
- Different Theories and Definition of Home Management.
- Objectives of Home management, scope of Home Management, Subject matter of Home Management, Problems of Home Management.
- Critical analysis of value, goal and standard and their relationship in Home Management.
- Management and Change.
- Process of Home management:
- Planning, Organization, Controlling, Communication, Feedback, Evaluation.
- Management As a decision making risk bearing responsibility:
- Dimension of Decision.
- Follow up of a decision.
- Who makes the decision.
- How to develop decision making ability.
- Habitual versus rational , group versus individual decision.
- Steps in decision making.
- Areas in which Families Face Management Problem :
- Defining goal and standrad
- Considering Limited resource.
- Making full use of available resource.
- Making suitable plan.
- Lack of information and communication.
- Seeking ready- made answer to problem.
- Failureto evaluate.
- Family organization Management :
- Role of family organization & management.
- Family forms and management .
- Family Environment and management.
- Resource Allocation and Utilization :
- Definition and classification of resource.
- Characteristics of resource.
- Principle of use of resources.
- Improvement of Work methods at home.
- Human Resource and Non- Human Resources :
- Energy Management .
- Time Management.
- Money Management.
- Attitude and Management.
- Management of Family Living – Nickell Rice & Tucker
- Management in Modern Families – Gross, Crandall and Kroll
- Management in the Home – Gilbreth, Thomas & Clymer
- Management for effective Living – Goodyer and Kloher
- cvwievwiK Rxeb I M„n e¨e¯’vcbv – Aa¨vwcKv ggZvR Lvb
- cvwievwiK m¤ú‡`i e¨e¯’vcbv – Aa¨vwcKv ggZvR Lvb
- M„n e¨e¯’vcbv I evmM„n – W. wd‡ivR myjZvbv
|Paper Code||213503||Marks: 75||Credits: 3||Class Hours: 45|
|Paper Title:||Maternal–Child Health and Early Childhood Education|
- Importance and Scope of Mother and Child Health in Child Development :
- a) Health – disease
- b) Role of physician in health
- c) Effect of pollution – Air Water and Sound pollution, occupational hazard.
- Safe Motherhood – Pregnancy and Delivery:
- Unsafe motherhood
- Making motherhood safe
- Sign, symptoms and Diagnosis
- Complication of pregnancy – sign and symptoms
- Types and Stages of delivery
- Antenatal, intranatal and postnatal Care:
- a) Antenatal visits – Prenatal advice and environmental effect (Diet – Drug – Alcohol and Nicotine –Radiation – Maternal disease – Age of mother – chemicals – R H factors – psychological) Specific health protection – Mental preparation – Family planning.
- b) Pregnancy Care – Domiciliary, institutional and rooming – in
- c) Care of the mother – Restoration of mother to optimum health.
- d) Care of the neonate – Immediate Care – Clearing the airway – Apgar score – Care of the eyes – Care of the skin – Maintenance of body temperature – Breast feeding.
- Child health:
- Preterm baby – low birth weight – birth asphyxia – Management of the complications.
- Factors effecting infant mortality – biological, economical, cultural and Social factors.
- Common diseases and immunization: Jaundice diarrhoea, acute respiratory infection (ARI) like pneumonia diphtheria, whooping cough, tuberculosis, tetanus, polio, measles, Hepatitis Band Hepatitis C.
- Introduction of EPI in Bangladesh.
- The importance of early years:
Early childhood defined – Ecology of early childhood- Developmental tasks of early childhood – understanding the child you teach – characteristics & two to six year.
Development of nursery education, Friedrick withelm Frobel mania Montessary.
- People in the Nursury School:
Helping children adjust to new experiences, Adults guidance system – adult role in child compliances. The role of the teacher – Methods of involving parents – activities for involving parents, Parents – teacher conference – Recognizing parental responsibilities in the nursery school.
- Love and Understanding for the child:
Developing a feeling of trust and security – Learning to depend upon Self –exploring the
environment – learning to live with others guiding children to build Self- esteem through
self – help – helping to express their feeling some do’s and dont’s
- Handling aggressive behavior:
Define aggression – Aggressive child – a system approach – Controlling and modifying aggression – positive discipline.
- Developing and evaluating the programme:
The role of nursery school teachers – human relationship – Planning the daily programme –
organization the curriculum areas – listening – reading – creative activities – painting –nature study – Story and music time – guiding play and physical activity – Evaluating progress.
- K Park – Park, Text Book of Preventive and social medicine.
- ‡eMg `wiqvbyi – wkï cvjb|
- D.C. Dutta – Text Book of obstetrics.
- Obstetrics by Ten Teachers – Edited by T.L.T. Lewis and G.V.P Chamberla.
- Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases – Part 115.
- Logan, L.M. Teaching the young child. Houghton Miffin Co. Boston.
- Marion M. Gudiance of young children – Merill Publisling Company.
- Hendrick J. The whole child the C.V. Mozby Company Dt. Louis.
- Kawin A. early and Middle childhood. The Mac Millan Company NY.
|Paper Code||213505||Marks: 75||Credits: 3||Class Hours: 45|
|Paper Title:||Applied Art and Textile|
A . Applied Art
- a) Definition / Classification and source of Art.
- b) Importance of art in Human life.
- Study of Art Elements and principles of art.
- Application of Art:
- Home Furnishing, Home – Decoration and Clothing.
- Other aspects of daily living.
- Overview of traditional crafts of Bangladesh.
- Study of materials and products native to Bangladesh.
- Applied art as an Significant factor in economic development and fruitful leisure time activity.
- Female Employment.
- a) Definition of fibre , fabric and dress.
- b) Classification of fibre.
- c) Study of textile fibre – cotton, linen,wool, silk, Asbestas, Nylon, Ryon.
- Textile yarn:
- Definition of textile yarn.
- Cultural and regional textile background of Bangladesh :
- Monipuri textile.
- Zamdhani Saree.
- Saree of Tangail.
- Banarashi saree.
- Rajshahi Silk.
- Comilla Khadder.
- Scope and ecnomic importance of Banarasi of Mirpur, Comilla Khadder, Rajshahi Silk, Grameen Check, Muslin.
- The problems of the traditional weaver community of Bangladesh and the measures to overcome those problems.
- The growth and development of textile industry in Bangladesh.
- The art of Khatha and Embroidery-Niaz Zaman
- Rvg`vbx – †gvnv¤§` mvB`yi
- Essential of textiles – Majary L. Joseph
- Fiber to Fabric – Patter and Coroman
- Introduction to Textiles – Stouit
- Textile – Yates
- Textile fibers and their use – Hess
- ‡U·UvBj dvBevi – Gg. G. mv‡qg
|Paper Code||213506||Marks: 75||Credits: 3||Class Hours: 45|
|Paper Title:||Home Economics Practical|
- Studying Decision Making Practices at Home.
- Studying family’s time plan and budget Procedure.
- Evaluate the growth and behavior of a neonate.
- Evaluate the growth and motor activities of four babies of 6 months, 12 months, 18 months and 24 months.
- Plan a curriculum for the pre school children with indigenous material. Prepare a material for preschool children with indigenous objects of your country for different developmental aspect with justification.(Poster, Stories, Music, Rhymes, Cartoon, Puzzle board, Play material etc.)
- Make a plan for helping pre school children to know sizes and colours (using different shape, blocks and colours).
Group – C
- Each student will make any five craft works for the following areas-
- Wall decoration
- Window and Door decoration
- Nakshi Botua, Hath Phaka
- Write a report of anyone cultural and regional textiles of Bangladesh.
|Paper Code||213507||Marks: 100||Credits: 4||Class Hours: 60|
|Paper Title:||Introduction to Human Physiology|
- Cells and Tissues
- Animal cell- Structure, Composition, Cell organelles, and their
- Tissues- Structure and types, functions of various tissues
- Organs and System
- Alimentary System – Structure and functions of various parts of the
human gastrointestinal tract
- Pancreas, liver, and spleen – Their structure, functions in detail, tests of their function.
- Cardiovascular and circulatory system – Structure of the heart, cardiac cycle, heart rate and blood pressure, pulmonary circulation, systemic and enterohepatic circulation.
- Respiratory system – Structure and function of lungs and associated organs, Mechanism of respiration and its control
- Excretory System – Structure and function of kidney (gross and fine) physiology of urine formation. Concepts of plasma clearance, GFR, Osmolar clearance
- Endocrine System– Concept of the endocrine system hormones and mechanism of hormone action. Function of pituitary, thyroids, adrenal and sex hormones, concept of spermatogenesis and ovogenesis.
- Text Book of medical physiology- Guyton & Hall
- Human Biology – Sylvia S. Mader
- Human Physiology – Stuart Ira Fox
- Anatomy & physiology – Seely, Stephen, Tate
- Harpers Review of Biochemistry – D.W. Martine, P.A Mayes, V.W. Rodwell
- gvbe cywó I kvixiwe`¨v – ‡`e‡R¨vwZ `vm
|Paper Code||213508||Marks: 50||Credits: 2||Class Hours: 30|
- Study of parts, uses and handling of simple and compound microscope.
- Identification of animal cell and its part
- Blood pressure- measurement and make a chart.
- Measurement of pulse of related to function of heart and circulatory system.
- Measurement of kidney function test. e.g. GFR etc.
- Measurement of body weight at different ages and sex.
|Paper Code||213509||Marks: 100||Credits: 4||Class Hours: 60|
|Paper Title:||Elementary Biochemistry|
- Carbohydrates – Structural features of different types of carbohydrate.
Tests for different types of carbohydrates .
- Lipids-chemical natures and properties.
- Fatty acids- types and properties
- Tests for adulteration of fat- Specification value, iodine value, R.M. value
- Proteins and amino acid- Their chemical nature and properties plasma
proteins and their functions in the human body, simple test for proteins.
Chemical nature, classification and mode of action, enzymes in clinical diagnosis, Enzyme deficiency diseases. Co-enzymes and their role.
- Hormones classification, general characteristics of hormone action. Functions of different hormone – thyroid, pituitary, pancreatic and hormones of the adrenal glands, their physiological roles and disease states.
- Nucleic Acids – Components and structural features of DNA, and RNA, Elementary concept of genetic code and genetic diseases, and laws of inheritance
- Concept of acids and bases, PH and buffer-solutions.
- Principles of Biochemistry – Lehninger .
- Biochemistry – Vol Voet.
- Biochemistry – U. Satyanarayana.
- Harper, Review of Biochemistry – D.W. Marin, P.H. Mayes and V.W. Rodwel.
- Text book of biochemistry – West and Todd.
|Paper Code||213510||Marks: 50||Credits: 2||Class Hours: 30|
- Colour tests for carbohydrates , reducing —– polysaccharides
- Tests for rancidity of fats –Specification value, Iodine value.
- Tests for acids and bases.
|Paper Code||211501||Marks: 100||Credits: 4||Class Hours: 60|
|Paper Title:||History of the Emergence of Independent Bangladesh|
¯^vaxb evsjv‡`‡ki Afy¨`‡qi BwZnvm
f~wgKv: ¯^vaxb evsjv‡`‡ki Afy¨`‡qi BwZnvm-cwiwa I cwiwPwZ
1| ‡`k I Rb‡Mvwôi cwiPq
- K) f~ cÖK…wZi ˆewkó¨ I cÖfve
- L) b„ZvwË¡K MVb
- M) fvlv
- N) ms¯‹…wZi mgš^qevw`Zv I ag©xq mnbkxjZv
- O) Awfbœ evsjvi cwi‡cÖw¶‡Z ZrKvjxb c~e©e½ I eZ©gvb evsjv‡`‡ki ¯^Kxq mËv
2| ALÛ ¯^vaxb evsjv ivóª MV‡bi cÖqvm I Dcgnv‡`‡ki wefw³, 1947
- K) Jcwb‡ewkK kvmb Avg‡j mv¤cÖ`vwqKZvi D™¢e I we¯—vi
- L) jv‡nvi cÖ¯—ve, 1940
- M) ALÛ ¯^vaxb evsjv ivóª MV‡bi D‡`¨vM, 1947 I cwiYwZ
- N) cvwK¯—vb m„wó, 1947
3| cvwK¯—vb: ivóªxq KvVv‡gv I ˆelg¨
- K) †K›`ªxq I cÖv‡`wkK KvVv‡gv
- L) mvgwiK I †emvgwiK AvgjvZ‡š¿i cÖfve
- M) A_©‰bwZK, mvgvwRK I mvs¯‹…wZK ˆelg¨
4| fvlv Av‡›`vjb I evOvwji AvZ¥cwiPq cÖwZôv
- K) gymwjg jx‡Mi kvmb I MYZvwš¿K ivRbxwZi msMÖvg
- L) AvIqvgx jx‡Mi cÖwZôv, 1949
- M) fvlv Av‡›`vjb: cUf~wg I NUbv cÖevn
- N) nK-fvmvbx-†mvnivIqv`©xi hy³d«›U, 1954 mv‡ji wbe©vPb I cwiYwZ
5| mvgwiK kvmb: AvBqye Lvb I Bqvwnqv Lv‡bi kvmbvgj (1958-71)
- K) mvgwiK kvm‡bi msÁv I ˆewkó¨
- L) AvBqye Lv‡bi ¶gZv `Lj I kvm‡bi ˆewkó¨ (ivR‰bwZK wbcxob, †gŠwjK MYZš¿, a‡g©i
- M) AvBqye Lv‡bi cZb I Bqvwnqv Lv‡bi kvmb, GK BDwbU wejywßKiY, mve©Rbxb †fvUvwaKvi, GjGdI (Legal Framework Order)
6| RvZxqZvev‡`i weKvk I ¯^vwaKvi Av‡›`vjb
- K) mvs¯‹…wZK AvMÖvm‡bi wei“‡× cÖwZ‡iva I evOvwj ms¯‹…wZi D¾xeb
- L) †kL gywReyi ingv‡bi 6-`dv Av‡›`vjb
- M) 6-`dv Av‡›`vj‡bi cÖwZwµqv, ¸i“Z¡ I Zvrch©
- N) AvMiZjv gvgjv, 1968
7| 1969-Gi MYAfy¨Ìvb I 11-`dv Av‡›`vjb
- K) cUf~wg
- L) Av‡›`vj‡bi Kg©m~Px, ¸i“Z¡ I cwiYwZ
8| 1970 Gi wbe©vPb, Amn‡hvM Av‡›`vjb I e½eÜzi ¯^vaxbZv †NvlYv
- K) wbe©vP‡bi djvdj Ges Zv †g‡b wb‡Z †K‡›`ªi A¯^xK…wZ
- L) Amn‡hvM Av‡›`vjb, e½eÜzi 7B gv‡P©i fvlY, Acv‡ikb mvP©jvBU
- M) e½eÜzi ¯^vaxbZv †NvlYv I †MÖdZvi
9| gyw³hy× 1971
- K) MYnZ¨v, bvix wbh©vZb, kiYv_©x
- L) evsjv‡`k miKvi MVb I ¯^vaxbZvi †NvlYvcÎ
- M) ¯^Z:ù‚Z© cÖv_wgK cÖwZ‡iva I msMwVZ cÖwZ‡iva (gyw³‡dŠR, gyw³evwnbx, †Mwijv I m¤§yL hy×)
- N) gyw³hy‡× cÖPvi gva¨g (¯^vaxb evsjv †eZvi †K›`ª, we‡`kx cÖPvi gva¨g I RbgZ MVb)
- O) QvÎ, bvix I mvaviY gvby‡li Ae`vb (MYhy×)
- P) gyw³hy‡× e„nrkw³ mg~‡ni f~wgKv
- Q) `Lj`vi evwnbx, kvwš—KwgwU, Avje`i, Avjkvgm, ivRvKvi evwnbx, ivR‰bwZK `j I †`kxq
Ab¨vb¨ mn‡hvMx‡`i ¯^vaxbZvwe‡ivax Kg©KvÛ I eyw×Rxex nZ¨v
- R) cvwK¯Ív‡b ew›` Ae¯’vq e½eÜzi wePvi I wek¦cÖwZwµqv
- S) cÖevmx evOvwj I we‡k¦i wewfbœ †`‡ki bvMwiK mgv‡Ri f~wgKv
- T) gyw³hy‡× fvi‡Zi Ae`vb
- U) †hŠ_ evwnbx MVb I weRq
- V) ¯^vaxbZv msMÖv‡g e½eÜzi †bZ…Z¡
10| e½eÜz †kL gywReyi ingv‡bi kvmbKvj, 1972-1975
- K) ¯^‡`k cÖZ¨veZ©b
- L) msweavb cÖYqb
- M) hy× weaŸ¯— †`k cybM©Vb
- N) mcwiev‡i e½eÜz nZ¨v I Av`wk©K cUcwieZ©b
History of the Emergence of Independent Bangladesh
Introduction: Scope and description of the emergence of Independent Bangladesh.
Writing on this topic.
- Description of the country and its people.
- Geographical features and their influence.
- Ethnic composition.
- Cultural syncretism and religious tolerance.
- Distinctive identity of Bangladesh in the context of undivided Bangladesh.
- Proposal for undivided sovereign Bengal and the partition of the Sub Continent, 1947.
- Rise of communalism under the colonial rule, Lahore Resolution
- The proposal of Suhrawardi and Sarat Bose for undivided Bengal : consequences
- The creation of Pakistan 1947 .
- Pakistan: Structure of the state and disparity.
- Central and provincial structure.
- Influence of Military and Civil bureaucracy.
C . Economic , social and cultural disparity
- Language Movement and quest for Bengali identity
- Misrule by Muslim League and Struggle for democratic politics .
- The Language Movement: context and phases .
- United front of Haque – Vasani – Suhrawardi: election of 1954, consequences.
- Military rule: the regimes of Ayub Khan and Yahia Khan (1958-1971)
- Definition of military rules and its characteristics.
- Ayub Khan’s rise to power and characteristics of his rule (Political repression, Basic democracy, Islamisation)
- Fall of Ayub Khan and Yahia Khan’s rule (Abolition of one unit, universal suffrage, the Legal Framework Order)
- Rise of nationalism and the Movement for self determination .
- Resistance against cultura l aggression and resurgence of Bengali culture.
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the six point movement
- Reactions : Importance and significance
d . The Agortola Case 1968.
- The mass- upsurge of 1969 and 11 point movement: background,programme and significance.
- Election of 1970 and the Declaration of Independence by Bangobondhu
- Election result and centres refusal to comply
- The non co-operation movement, the 7th March , Address , Operation Searchlight
- Declaration of Independence by Bangobondhu and his arrest
- The war of Liberation 1971
- Genocide, repression of women, refugees
- Formation of Bangladesh government and proclamation of Independence
- The spontaneous early resistance and subsequent organized resistance (Mukti Fouz, Mukti Bahini, guerillas and the frontal warfare )
- Publicity Campaign in the war of Liberation (Shadhin Bangla Betar Kendra, the Campaigns abroad and formation of public opinion )
- Contribution of students, women and the masses (Peoples war)
- The role of super powers and the Muslim states in the Liberation war.
- The Anti-liberation activities of the occupation army, the Peace Committee, Al-Badar, Al-Shams, Rajakars, pro Pakistan political parties and Pakistani Collaborators , killing of the intellectuals.
- Trial of Bangabondhu and reaction of the World Community.
- The contribution of India in the Liberation War
- Formation of joint command and the Victory
- The overall contribution of Bangabondhu in the Independence
- The Bangabondhu Regime 1972-1975
- Making of the constitution
- Reconstruction of the war ravaged country
- The murder of Bangabondhu and his family and the ideological turn-around.
- bxnvi iÄb ivq, evOvjxi BwZnvm, †`Õ R cvewjwks, KjKvZv 1402 mvj|
- mvjvn& DwÏb Avn‡g` I Ab¨vb¨ (m¤úvw`Z), evsjv‡`‡ki gyw³ msMÖv‡gi BwZnvm 1947-1971, AvMvgx cÖKvkbx, XvKv 2002|
- wmivRyj Bmjvg (m¤úvw`Z), evsjv‡`‡ki BwZnvm 1704-1971, 3 LÛ, GwkqvwUK †mvmvBwU Ae evsjv‡`k, XvKv 1992|
- W. nvi“b-Ai-iwk`, evsjv‡`k: ivRbxwZ, miKvi I kvmbZvwš¿K Dbœqb 1757-2000, wbD GR cvewj‡KkÝ, XvKv 2001|
- W. nvi“b-Ai-iwk`, evOvwji ivóªwPš—v I ¯^vaxb evsjv‡`‡ki Af~¨`q, AvMvgx cÖKvkbx, XvKv 2003|
- W. nvi“b-Ai-iwk`, e½eÜzi Amgvß AvZ¥Rxebx cybcv©V, w` BDwbfvwm©wU †cÖm wjwg‡UW, XvKv 2013|
- W. AvZdzj nvB wkejx I W.†gvt gvneyei ingvb, evsjv‡`‡ki mvsweavwbK BwZnvm 1773-1972, m~eY© cÖKvkb, XvKv 2013|
- gybZvwmi gvgyb I RqšÍ Kzgvi ivq, evsjv‡`‡ki wmwfj mgvR cÖwZôvi msMÖvg, Aemi, XvKv 2006|
- AvwZDi ingvb, Amn‡hvM Av‡›`vj‡bi w`b¸wj: gyw³hy‡×i cÖ¯‘wZ ce©, mvwnZ¨ cÖKvk, XvKv 1998|
- W. †gvt gvneyei ingvb, evsjv‡`‡ki BwZnvm, 1905-47, Zvgªwjwc, XvKv 2011|
- W. †gvt gvneyei ingvb, evsjv‡`‡ki BwZnvm, 1947-1971, mgq cÖKvkb, XvKv 2012|
- ‰mq` Av‡bvqvi †nv‡mb, evsjv‡`‡ki ¯^vaxbZv hy‡× civkw³i f~wgKv, Wvbv cÖKvkbx, XvKv 1982|
- Aveyj gvj Ave`yj gywnZ, evsjv‡`k: RvwZiv‡óªi D™¢e, mvwnZ¨ cÖKvk, XvKv 2000|
- ‡kL gywReyi ingvb, Amgvß AvZ¥Rxebx, w` BDwbfvwm©wU †cÖm wjwg‡UW, XvKv 2012|
- wmivR D`&`xb Avn‡g`, GKvË‡ii gyw³hy×: ¯^vaxb evsjv‡`‡ki Af~¨`q, BmjvwgK dvD‡Ûkb, XvKv 2011|
- RqšÍ Kzgvi ivq, evsjv‡`‡ki ivR‰bwZK BwZnvm, myeY© cÖKvkb, XvKv 2010|
- Harun-or-Roshid, The Foreshadowing of Bangladesh: Bengal Muslim League and Muslim Politics, 1906-1947, The University Press Limited, Dhaka 2012.
- Rounaq Jahan, Pakistan: Failure in National Integration, The University Press Limited, Dhaka 1977.
- Talukder Maniruzzaman, Radical Politics and the Emergence of Bangladesh, Mowla, Brothers, Dhaka 2003.
- ‡gmevn Kvgvj I Ckvbx PµeZx©, bv‡Pv‡ji K…lK we‡`ªvn, mgKvjxb ivRbxwZ I Bjv wgÎ, DËiY, XvKv 2008|
- ‡gmevn Kvgvj, Avmv` I EbmË‡ii MYAfy¨Ìvb, weeZ©b, XvKv 1986|